Chelsea Open Air provides places for a limited number of
‘Rising Threes’ are children who are turning three within the academic term that they start Nursery.
When does your child become a Rising Three?
|D.O.B- turning 3 within these dates.
|Academic Term they are considered a Rising Three
|1st September-31st December
|1st January-31st March
|1st April- 31st August
Rising Threes do not receive funding for education in the same way that three and four year olds do, therefore the admissions process is slightly different. The school does not receive government funding for 15 or 30 hour places until the academic term after a child turns 3. Therefore a fee will be charged or parents can apply for 2yr old funding.
Some children are eligible for 2-year-old funding. Please see below for more information.
Option 1: Free early learning for 2 year olds
Who is eligible?
To qualify for a funded place families must be in receipt of one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit – if you and your partner have a combined income from work of less than £15,400 a year after tax
- Tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:
- They’re looked after by a local council
- They have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- They get Disability Living Allowance
- They’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
Chelsea Open Air offers this entitlement the term your child turns Three.
If you are eligible for funding please apply for a place using the RBKC Government website- see the link below;
Option 2: Paid places for Rising Threes
We offer 15 hour places Monday to Friday 9.00am-12.00pm.
There is also an opportunity to pay for additional hours, extending the day from 9.00am-4.00pm.
|15 hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am-12.00pm.
|£150 per week (£30 per day)
|Full day : 9.00am-4.00pm
|£70 per day (£350 week) including lunch
These costs apply for one term only as the term after your child turns three they become eligible for 3 & 4 year old funded 15 or 30 hour places.